Pages

Friday, March 26, 2021

Fantastic Math Create

 

 Kia ora my name is Celeb.

 This week I have been learning Tidy Numbers  (equal adjustment). 

I have some examples. Tidy numbers using equal adjustment, makes it easier for you to add or subtract problems.  

So if I had a problem like this:

31+21=

I would  take away 1 of the 21 to make it 20.

So the equation would look like this now:

31+20=

But now I would need to make it equal and + 1 on to the 31 to make it 32.

So the equation would look like this now: 32+20= 52.   Have you use tidy numbers equal adjustment.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Caleb,I really enjoyed your post about tidy numbers. This reminded me of when I did tidy numbers for maths. Maybe next time could you make it a bit more clear on how you solved the question. Did you enjoy making this? Great blog post - Eilish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Caleb! You are really good at explaining and it does help you make harder addition and subtraction questions more easy really cool stuff. I liked how you split your thing in half but I don't think you should have written a heading on each example in the drawing.But nice work Caleb really good post:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work caleb you are really good explaining and it does help you make harder addition and subtraction questions more easy good post:)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post